This is the place where people generally put something interesting about themselves in order to attract people as to make them believe that they are worth while.
I'm not going to beat around the bush though.
I'm a girl.
My blog is partially porn and partially just things that I find aesthetically appealing which certain porn is too I suppose. When I first came to tumblr I’d like certain sexual gifs but I’d never reblog them because I was too shy about people knowing the things I like. But I don’t care anymore. I like colour, I like tropical, I like creative, I like weed, I like rosy, I like nature, I like fashion and I guess I like porn as well.
Winona Ryder (via everyday-islike-sunday)
Thank you so much for valuing my opinion, that’s very kind of you. And I’m glad to hear that you are questioning and developing your own beliefs as well.
As you probably already know, I am pro-choice, the reasons being that:
- I value a human who science can prove is sentient (i.e. the fetus carrier) more than a non-autonomous, non-sentient human that has not even been born into the world (i.e. the fetus). If you were holding a baby in one hand and a petri dish with a fetus in the other, what would you rather drop? The petri dish.
- I believe nobody should be used as a baby incubator.
- I believe everyone should be in control of their own bodies 100% and that breaking this rule would be extremely objectifying and dehumanizing. It is incredibly frustrating and often lethal to feel you are not control of your own body and life.
- A baby is not always a blessing. Many people wish they had never been born. It’s better to not bring into this world unhappy children with few opportunities and families that don’t want them.
- I believe that regulations on abortion are more often than not used to exert control on women and their bodies rather than to save unborn babies. And I refuse to condone something that is done with the purpose of oppressing women.
I do not think abortion is like murder. In fact, I’m pro-life in the sense that I care about protecting the environment, people in poverty, children with few opportunities, stopping animal cruelty, helping victims of violence, and so on. But I am not pro-life in the sense that I think every living thing has to be preserved and protected at all costs. If you consider yourself “pro-life” in the traditional sense, please ask yourself the following:
- Have you ever broken off a piece of grass, a flower or a plant?
- Have you ever eaten meat? In fact, have you ever consumed anything that was once alive?
- Is it true that you’ve never donated to any sort of charity for the less fortunate than you?
- Have you ever used a motor vehicle or anything that causes damage to the environment?
If your answer to any of the following is yes, then you might want to reconsider calling yourself pro-life. Perhaps a better word would be pro-fetus. And if you wish you could answer no to all of the above, then please explain to me how your ideology on life is beneficial to the world at all. Because I think that life and death are both dominating concepts of the universe, and trying to eliminate or prevent death to such great an extent is—to be blunt—absurd and utopian.
Before college: I love spending time alone on Friday nights!
After arriving to college: I've been doing things all day and I had dinner with friends, then visited the university next door but now it's midnight I feel horrible that I'm not out at a frat party getting drunk.